Temporary Scientific Data Analyst – SIRE Life Sciences – Rotterdam
SIRE® is the market leader in Life Sciences recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continuous innovation. We like technology, in a Life Sciences market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!Our client is a professional Food organisation, based in Zuid-Holland Netherlands.
Big food multinational
The primary purpose of the role is to work with different databases to classify relevant consumer safety studies and build a new well-structured document repository, which has user-friendly functionality and allows to easily analyse data patterns
- Lead the development of a repository in SharePoint to store different type of Microsoft files (pdf, ppt, excel, word)
- Responsible for the curation of the outcome of different scientific studies
- Interact with microbiology and toxicology experts in Product Safety to set priorities and agree on cataloguing options
- Work effectively with IT experts to manage the best computational practices
- Clear communication of project updates to relevant stakeholders in Product Safety and other groups within Upfield, including non-specialist audiences
- Reviewing scientific (internal and confidential) studies to interpret and identify relevant files and apply a structured document tagging code, generate well-structured metadata.
- Working independently to design and deliver a well-structured document repository using SharePoint
- Higher Degree (or equivalent experience) in a scientific area such as microbiology, biology, toxicology, food science, medical science or scientific writer/secretary/librarian.
- Experience of presenting and communicating scientific studies
- Basic knowledge on databases and web-based document management and storage systems, e.g. SharePoint
- Good experience in the use of Microsoft Office package
- Science and technology expertise (ability to have a general understanding of scientific studies in the area of microbiology and toxicology)
- Good attention to detail is required to manipulate multiple files
- Strong and effective communication skills, with ability to explain computational developments to stakeholders working outside of IT
- Ability to provide creative ideas and solutions in SharePoint
- Team working
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Vincent van Straten.
Comments are closed